Information for Y6 Parent/Carers ahead of the Y6 return to school on 1st June 2020.
Dear Parents and Carers of OAC year 6,
As you will all will have heard the government has announced that schools are going to start reopening from the 1st June, 2020 beginning with small classes of Nursery, year R, year 1 and year 6 children. So much will be different for those coming back however the most important part of Connaught, that ConnaughtCares, will stay the same.
At OAC we have spent a very long time coming up with a way we can welcome children back safely. We know that some of you want your children to come back and some of you don’t and for some of you the decision is really difficult. You will have already told Mrs Arnell or Miss Stein if you want a place. If you have said no you can change your mind but children will only be allowed to start back the following Monday after you have phoned or emailed the office 01275 894 590.
Each child will be allocated a bubble and this bubble will be the only children and teacher they interact with. Any child or staff member showing any symptoms or any who live with someone who has symptoms will NOT be allowed in school. Temperatures will be taken daily at the classroom door and for staff on arrival at work.
1. Bubbles will never be above 8 children – this is well below the government suggestion of 15 children. This means children can have their own seats which are 2 metres away from any other child or the class teacher.
2. Each child will have their own desk with their own resources on them – this includes tissues, hand gel, rubbish bag, pencil case (you can supply your own if you like), white board, white board pen etc...
3. Teachers will teach from the front of the classroom and all work will be on the desks already so no one needs to move about.
4. Bubbles with have timetabled toilet breaks and outside play so they can get fresh air.
5. Classrooms will be entered from outside and the only time children will be allowed in the one-way corridors will be when it is their bubbles time to go to the toilet.
6. Hot school dinners will be served in classrooms and all children will have one.
7. No late children will be able to come to school and parents may not come into the school office apart from via the social distance lines.
8. The Academy will be open to children Monday to Thursday only so teachers have time to plan and prepare home learning etc… for other children.
9. Any child who purposely breaks the rules will be sent home and not allowed back the next day.
10. There will be an insistence on regular hand washing and the cleaning of the classroom, toilets etc will be constant across the day.
11. Children will have to be in different clothes every day of the week – this does NOT have to be uniform.
12. Children can bring their bike/scooter for breaks – they will not be allowed to share them.
Year 6 will start back on 1st June at 9 am and will leave school at 5 minute intervals from 2.00pm. The teacher of the bubble will walk the children to the gate to see them heading home. Year 6 will be expected to come and leave school on their own. On day 1 a parent can bring them although we ask where possible it is just one person per child. If this causes a challenge please call the Academy office on the Monday.