Attendance and Punctuality
It is very important that all children attend school regularly. If your child is unwell he/she should not be sent to the Academy. You are expected to inform the Academy every day your child is absent. On return to the Academy you will be expected to provide medical evidence where appropriate or this could lead to an unauthorised absence. Under no circumstances may children leave the Academy by themselves during Academy hours.
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We will work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
Improving attendance is a whole school initiative. Helping to create a pattern of regular attendance is everybody’s responsibility including parents, pupils and all members of school staff. Every child is placed on the Attendance diamond depending on their attendance figure.
The Academy monitors the attendance of each child weekly and appropriate action is then taken.
- Green: No Concern 97% - 100%
- Yellow: Concern 95% - 96.9%
- Amber: Risk of Underachievement 93% - 94.9%
- Pink: Severe Risk of Underachievement 90% - 92.9%
- Red: Extreme Concern - Court Action if Persistent Absence 0% - 89.9%
The Academy does not authorise holidays during the school year.
It is equally as important that children should be picked up from the Academy promptly. If, for any reason, you are going to be late please contact the Academy so we know what is happening. It can be very distressing for the child if we do not know anything. All children who are picked up late will be brought to the front entrance hall.
Parents/carers are reminded that all children in Key Stage 1 must be brought to, and met from the Academy at all times by a responsible parent/carer.
What if my child is late for Academy learning?
It is very important that all children are in the Academy on time. If they arrive in school after registration this could count as an unauthorised absence. Parents must escort children to reception and give a valid reason for lateness.
- Academy doors open each day at 8.30am.
- Anyone arriving after 8.40am must bring their child to the office to sign in late.
- Children arriving late after 9.00am (after register closes) will receive an unauthorised absence for the morning.
- Parent/Carer MUST call school before 9.00am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg: chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.00am on each day of illness results in unauthorised absence. 4 days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service.
- Unauthorised absence will result in a fine and possible court proceedings.
- The school day finishes at 3.00pm.
Pupils are required to attend school for 190 days each year.
Our whole school target for attendance is at least 97%.