We encourage healthy eating at OA Connaught
Children can either have a school dinner or bring a healthy packed lunch. If you qualify for free school dinners please contact the Academy Office. All children in year R, 1 and 2 have a free school lunch.
Unless you qualify for free school meals, school dinners cost £2.50. Please pay for these via the My Child At School (MCAS) App. Contact the school office if you have not been able to set this up. If you do not have access to the app, we can accept card payments at the office.
Oasis Community Learning work with Sodexo and follow the Government Guidelines on school nutrition. To find out more, please CLICK HERE.
Want so see what delicious food we are cooking up in the kitchen? Below is our current menu which will start from September 2022.The menu alternates between Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3.
Applying for Free School Meals
Oasis Connaught are now using a service called Link2ICT for parents/carers to check for Free School Meals eligibility.
The benefits to this new system are:
- A simple online application process that takes less than 5 minutes and you receive instant notification of eligibility
- You only need to apply once during the 5 years that your child is here
- The system checks eligibility every week therefore should your circumstances change you will be updated by email using the email address that you supplied during the application
- Additional funding for the school for eligible student and you may receive reductions on purchases on trips and some equipment
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please see the video below which guides you through making an application, this will take less than 5 minutes and will be checked regularly therefore if your circumstances change and you become eligible your will be notified by Link2ICT (using the email address that you gave in the application process).
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here to download the Link2ICT FAQ document.
Apply online and receive instant notification of your entitlement at the following address: